This privacy notice has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
ClaimLane ApS CVR-no. 36 89 53 49
Njalsgade 76, 4.1 DK-2300 Copenhagen S Denmark
1. INTRODUCTION - DATACONTROLLER AND OWNER
ClaimLane operates a platform which assists companies (“Clients”) in handling claims received from their customers (“Users”). In assisting with claims, ClaimLane will receive personal information from the Users, either directly from the User, directly from the Client or from a ClaimLane-module on the Client’s webpage. That means that ClaimLane is considered data owner and responsible for the handling of all data received by the user.
2. Contact data
If you have any questions to the handling of data, you can contact us in the following ways: By E-mail, email@example.com.
3. Purpose of processing
The data is collected and processed for the following reasons:
- Handling of Customer-claims on behalf of our Clients
- Communication with the User
- Performance of the system and agreements with the client(s) and users
- Legal reasons
- Displaying content from external platforms
- Interaction with data collection platforms and other third parties
- Managing support and contact requests
- Infrastructure monitoring
- Re-marketing and behavioral targeting
- Lead Identification Service
- The rights of Users
4. Legitimate reasons for collecting and processing
ClaimLane will collect and process personal data if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes
- Provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by ClaimLane or by a third party
5. Categories of data collected
ClaimLane collects, among other, the following types of data:
- Name (first and last)
- Address and registration data (company information where relevant)
- Contact data, including e-mail and phone no
- Purchase information, order no., receipts and other relevant information required in handling the information
- Information provided by the User in the claim-process
6. Methods of processing and recipients
6.1 Method of processing
ClaimLane takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to ClaimLane in some cases, the data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of ClaimLane (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as data Processors.
6.2 Recipients of processing
ClaimLane uses the following data processors, who may have access to relevant data:
Name and address: Country: Purpose Amazon Web Services, 5895 Houchard Road, Dublin, OH
Purpose: Hosting application, hosting database
Relevant data can furthermore be transferred to the following:
- The Client’s
- Public entities, the Tax Authorities, etc., if relevant to fulfill a legal obligation to which ClaimLane is subject
- ClaimLane’s legal advisors and auditors
7. Transfer of data to third countries, including international organizations ClaimLane does not transfer personal data to recipients outside the EU, unless prior specific consent has been given or unless the organization/customer, which the user is part of, is already situated outside the EU.
8. Source of the Data
ClaimLane collects and processes only data which have been collected from the Users, the Client’s and/or public sources.
9. Retention time
Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes of handling a claim, shall be stored for a period of 3,5 years after the Claim have been closed
- Personal data collected for purposes related to ClaimLane’s legal obligations to store data in accordance with the Danish Accounting Act, shall be stored for the remainder of the financial year of the last financial transaction with addition of 5 years.
- Personal data collected for the purposes of the ClaimLane’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes
- ClaimLane may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Once the retention period expires, the data shall be deleted, which means that the User’s right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
10. The rights of Users
Users have the following rights regarding their data collected and/or processed by ClaimLane:
10.1 Withdraw their consent at any time
Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their data.
10.2 Right to access their data
Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by ClaimLane, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
10.3 Right to deletion of data In some circumstances
Users have the right to get their data deleted before the expiry of the retention period.
10.4 Right to rectification
Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
10.5 Right to restrict the processing of their data
Users have the right to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, ClaimLane will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
10.6 Transmittal of data (data portability)
Users have in some circumstances the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance.
10.7 Lodge a complaint
Users have the right to bring a claim before the competent data protection authority (Datatilsynet). Users also have the right to refuse the processing of their data for direct marketing purposes.
A complaint can be lodged to:
Carl Jacobsens Vej 35
33 19 32 00